Friday, February 5, 2010

An answer from Scott Corbett and Bill Cooper

This it the letter I received....

From: Vancouver 2010 Info
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 8:04 AM
To: Sarah
Subject: RE: Fur is "Green"

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.

We appreciate your position on the “Fur is Green” advertising campaign and we do understand the sensitivities in this matter. However, the Fur Council is a legitimate Canadian advertiser and their creative is within advertising standards.

The “Fur is Green” website offers an opportunity to comment on this campaign and other issues related to it. We encourage you to provide your feedback to them as this is outside Vancouver 2010’s area of responsibility.

Thanks,

Vancouver 2010 Info

Want to get the latest information on the 2010 Winter Games? Join one of our mailing lists. Sign up now at www.vancouver2010.com.

Join other Vancouver 2010 fans on the Official Vancouver 2010 Winter Games Facebook page on Facebook.com/olympics.

************************************

My question is, if VANOC is promoting the Olympics as "Green" why would they not plaster the city with real green companies? My friend Alan said this if it comes down to "They paid so they can put up the ad there are no laws to tell them they can't say they are green. Then does that mean if I have enough money I can advertise a puppy stabbing company and be within my rights?"

2 comments:

  1. It's the same dumb answer I received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how they thank us for our interest in the games. I don't remember expressing any interest in them in my letter - only horrified sadness.

    "The Fur Council is a legitimate Canadian advertiser"... Vanoc tries to remove themselves from the equation, but the moment they deem the Fur Council legit, they have given them the go ahead to spread inaccurate information.

    ReplyDelete